Thursday, November 04, 2004

Advice to fellow Democrats



Click here for Amazon!The Backseat Philosopher, courtesy InstaPundit:

Many Democrats think that our patience and understanding are our weakness. "We don't know how to fight like the Republicans," we all told ourselves after Florida 2000. "We have to be more like them: tougher, meaner." "We have to energize our base more."

Actually, no. Our error is that we Democrats actually are far less understanding than we think we are. Our version of understanding the other side is to look at them from a psychological point of view while being completely unwilling to take their arguments seriously. "Well, he can't help himself, he's a right-wing religious zealot, so of course he's going to think like that." "Republicans who never served in war are hypocrites to send young men to die. " "Republicans are homophobes, probably because they can't deal with their secret desires." Anything but actually listening and responding to the arguments being made.

And when I say 'responding,' I don't just mean 'coming up with the best counterargument and pushing it.' Sometimes responding to an argument means finding the merit in it and possibly changing one's position. That is part of growth, right?


Advice to fellow Democrats

Zell tried to tell 'em



Click here for Amazon!And so while I retire with little hope for the near-term viability of the party I’ve spent my life building, I retire with a quiet satisfaction that after witnessing the struggle of democracy over communism and fascism, the fear I once held that America might not rise to meet this new challenge of terrorism has vanished like a fog under the radiance of a new dawn. While the threat is still real, the shadow looming across a promising future is gone.

And the credit for that goes to one man. Like the last lion of England, Winston Churchill, George W. Bush has stood alone and risked all to give the world a new, clearer path to the advancement of freedom.

Abraham Lincoln, in his second annual message to Congress, stated: "In giving freedom to the slave, we assure freedom for the free — honorable alike in what we give and what we preserve. We shall nobly save or meanly lose the last, best hope of earth."

George Bush has injected into a region of enslavement an incurable dose of freedom, and thus nobly saved that "last, best hope of earth" — free men.


Zell Tried to tell 'em

The BBC: Why did you vote for Bush?



...I voted for Bush because his political policies are most like my own. I voted for Bush in rejection of the corruption of the elite media. I voted for Bush in rejection of the vast corruption in the UN. I voted for Bush in rejection of fashionable politics with no substance. I voted for Bush because there is a time for diplomacy and he understands when that is.
Shante' Fosket, Chesapeake, VA...

...I voted for President Bush because I refuse to be associated with a candidate or party that openly welcomes Michael Moore. I was actually leaning toward Kerry until Fahrenheit 911 was released. That heinous, hate filled movie and the fact that many in the Democratic Party and the Hollywood elite actually promoted it as the truth turned me. As a 911 survivor, it insulted my intelligence and the memory of all my friends, neighbours, and colleagues who perished at the hands of criminals.
Rob, Madison, NJ, USA...

...I voted for Bush because I would never vote to put a Democrat in the White House when we are at war, their track record in that department being reprehensible. I voted for Bush because for the first time in my lifetime, we have a President who does what he says he is going to do, and in the end, I voted for Bush because I trust him.
Warren Jorgensen, New York, USA...

..I voted for President Bush because I see all the crisis level issues as originating from the leadership of the Democrat Party. President Johnson's opening of the SSI trust fund to borrow to fund his Camelot dream has ultimately threatened our economy by encouraging debt spending (no politician fails to spend what's available) and threatened the stability of the retirement system itself. Carter's decision to de-emphasize human intelligence and rely instead upon electronic intelligence has threatened our security.

Clinton's decision to first take human rights out of China's MFN review process and then make the newly-renamed NTR status permanent for China lost high-paying manufacturing jobs to prison labour overseas. Every succeeding president has followed these policies, but the short-sighted polices themselves all have Democrat signatures putting them in place. We just can't afford another Democrat president and their feel-good record of implementing short-sighted, permanent national policy.
Leo, Buffalo, USA


BBC: Why did you vote for Bush?

Not helping



The moonbats apparently weren't too pleased with the results of the election. This series of photos captures the spirit of the hard left... a spirit that Middle America is sure to understand and embrace.

Gloomy Mood




Palestinian gunmen gloomily watch a television news report on the US presidential elections at the Ain el-Helweh refugee camp in southern Lebanon. Zayat)


No comments: