Saturday, February 28, 2004


Sweet Science

History of BoxingFANTASTIC fight card coming up on HBO. Baby Joe Mesi --the latest in the long series of GWH's (Great White Hopes) in the heavyweight division -- has been termed 'Buffalo's third professional franchise'. He's a hitter. Powerful, with deceptively fast hands. He's not the greatest athlete among the up-and-coming heavyweights, but he's not the worst either. Not by a long shot.

Funny interview on Mesi's web site: "Q. Sorry, but the question must be asked. Which Rocky was the best movie and why?

A. By far the first movie. It's one of the best sporting movies. Rocky was forced to overcome setbacks. He appeared on the scene from nowhere. How could you not root for the underdog?

Q. Which Rocky opponent would you least want to fight and why?

A. The Russian - Ivan Drago from Rocky 4. Too big and too strong.
"


WCB
"Sugar" Shane Mosley
39-2, 35 KO's

VS.

Ronald "Winky" Wright
46-3, 25 KO's
12 Round
Undisputed Super Welterweight Title
March 13, 2004
9:30 PM ET/6:30 PM PT
Mandalay Bay
Las Vegas, NV
WCB
Joe Mesi
28-0, 25 KO's

VS.

Vassiliy Jirov
33-1, 29 KO's
UNDERCARD
10 Round
Heavyweight fight
March 13, 2004
9:30 PM ET/6:30 PM PT
Mandalay Bay
Las Vegas, NV


p.s., you have no idea how hard it was to get that table to post correctly in Blogger. ;-)

T on Tivo

TivoMr. T's blog had an excellent discussion of Tivo and the power it puts into the hands of the audience.

"...I can fast-forward through anything that doesn't interest me. I can create my own personal "director's cut" of any show I want. And the thing is, even the shows I love and watch every week have some excess fat that I can trim with the good ol' TiVo remote...

...On "Friends," I've learned that my opinion of a given episode increases dramatically if I race through the Monica/Chandler adoption arc at top speed...

...Bitter "ER" pill Abby Lockhart? Let's just say that on my "ER," there is no Abby Lockhart...
"

If me and my Tivo ruled the world


No comments: